What are your favorite letting go quotes?
Sometimes you need to hear the right thing at the right time to inspire you to make the change you need. That’s exactly what these quotes about letting go are for.
Letting go of the past is extremely difficult, whether it be a failure, a regret, a person, a great memory, or in my case an addiction mixed with all of the above. But the truth is, you have to let go in order to move on.
Many times, we just need to hear it from someone else so, it has the intended effect. If you read a quote or saying and feel it you right in the pit of your stomach. Then, it has served its purpose.
A particular quote feels like it hits you so hard because it struck a nerve. It resonates with you because you know it’s so damn true because it touched your pain point.
These 40 quotes about letting go and moving on are meant to do just that.
Before I start the list, pin the image below. So, you can come back and read this again and again when need be.
I know from experience that it is difficult as hell at times to find the power within ourselves to say goodbye, to let go, and move on to better things. Deep inside, there is this feeling that it must be done but something keeps holding you back.
I hope that these particular quotes will help you as much as they have helped me.
And now, I really will begin the list. 🙂
40 Best Letting Go Quotes To Finally Move On
All about letting go quotes
Do I even have to ask how hard it is to let go? Especially of something or someone that you love? Or a life or situation you are accustomed to?
Yet, just because we love something or someone does not mean that it is good for us.
Sometimes we get so stuck in the past and the memories of what once was, that we refuse to let go.
Or those times when we know without a doubt that letting go is the only way. But, actually taking that step seems damn near impossible.
Just know, if you think about walking away then it’s the right thing to do. Letting go is your only option if you want to grow and improve your life.
1. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize the situation is over, you cannot move forward. -Steve Maraboli
2. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past but you will find yourself. -Deepak ChopraIn the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past but you will find yourself. -Deepal Chopra #lettinggo #movingon #personalgrowth Click To Tweet
3. Some of us think holding on makes us strong but sometimes its letting go. -Herman Hesse
4. One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul. -Brigitte Nicole
5. Let go of the past but keep the lessons it taught you. -Chara Gizzi
6. Let go of people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues. -Steve Maraboli
RELATED POST: 40 QUOTES ABOUT BEING FEARLESS
7. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go. -Jessica Hatchigan
8. It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place. -Angelina Jolie
9. Forgiveness means letting go of the past. -Gerald Jampolsky
10. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change. -UnknownOne of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change. -Unknown Get other motivational quotes to let go and move on to bigger and better things. FYI - RECOVERY#sobermotivation #inspirationalquotes… Click To Tweet
11. Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over. -Unknown
12. There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life. -Unknown
13. Holding is on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. -Daphne Rose Kingma
RELATED READING: HOW TO USE A CRYSTAL CLEAR SOBER VISION TO CREATE YOUR DREAM LIFE
14. The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go. -Robert Tew
15. Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you. -Steve Maraboli
FINDING THE POWER WITHIN QUOTES
Once you realize that you hold the power of being able to let go and move on, it becomes easier.
It’s an epiphytal moment in your life when you finally realize that you deserve better. You know for sure that whatever it is you are holding on to is not worth it anymore.
That right there is the moment that will change your life for the better.
No matter how hard it is or how bad it hurts, reach down deep and find the power inside of you. Let go of all of the bullshit that has been crippling you from reaching success.
You hold the power inside of you to make the change. A change that has to be made.
16. You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go. -Drew Gerald
17. You control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful. -J.K. Rowling
18. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies with us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. Within you is the power to rise above any situation or struggle and transform you into the brightest and strongest version of you ever. -Unknown
20. You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding. -Guy Finley
Get even more inspiration for kick-ass sober living in our free VIP resource library. Sign up below to get access now. You become part of the Unjunkiefied family getting the newsletter, exclusive freebies, giveaways, and #soberbadassery.
21. Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be. -Unknown
22. You are strong enough to face it all even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. -Unknown
23. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to let go of what weighs you down. -Roy T. Bennett
24. You got to know when it’s time to turn the page. -Tori Amos
25. When you become a happier human being as a result of letting go of certain people or things. That’s the universe’s way of letting you know that it was the right choice. -Natalie BriteWhen you become a happier human being as a result of letting go of certain people or things. That's the universe's way of letting you know that it was the right choice. -Natalie Brite. Find the motivation to let go in life and in addiction. Read… Click To Tweet
Amazon sales these amazing wall decals. I love them. Remember, Just breathe – let it go- and move on. They make great daily reminders.
SAYING GOODBYE QUOTES ABOUT LETTING GO + MOVING ON
Whether you have to let go or you want to eliminate something, you need to say goodbye.
Saying goodbye is nothing more than coming to terms with letting go so, you can move on and forward with the rest of your life.
You must say goodbye to grow and take the next step. When you say goodbye to your previous way of life, you are finally able to start over. A lot of the time, that’s exactly what we need to do.
26.It’s not the goodbye that hurts but, the flashbacks that follow. -Unknown
27. Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye -Beyonce
28. Say goodbye to the past because it’s time to move on. -Unknown
29. It’s better to say goodbye, to move on, to end the lie. -SC Stephens
30. Sometimes moving on with the rest of our life, starts with goodbye. -Unknown
31. If someone won’t accept you, they’re not a part of your destiny. Say goodbye and move forward with your life. -Joel Osteen
32. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. -Paulo Coelho
Sign up below and get EVEN more inspiration and exclusive freebies in our toolkit. Plus, you’ll get the newsletter, exclusive giveaways, special deals, tons of value, and a ton more. #soberbadassery
QUOTES ABOUT MOVING FORWARD
33. Forgot what hurt you but, never forget what it taught you. -Shannon L. Alder
34. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. -Denis Waitley
35. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting. It means choosing happiness over hurt. -Unknown
36. Life moves on and so should we. -Spencer Johnson
RELATED POST: 30 QUOTES ABOUT HITTING ROCK BOTTOM AND RISING UP
37. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. -Walt Disney
38. You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward or you can spend it putting out fires, you decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you. -Tony Morgan
39. I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. -Robert Downy Jr.
40. When it hurts to move on, just remember the pain you felt hanging on. -Unknown
41. And you came to the point in life where you began telling yourself, I NEED TO MOVE THE FUCK ON. -Unknown
Best Damn Letting Go Quotes To Move On To The Life You Want
Do you feel inspired by these words? #sobermotivation
Are you ready to let go of the past and move forward?
Each of these quotes about letting go has personally helped me to move on with my goals and dreams. I had to learn that in order to move forward with my life. I I had to let go of the past.
That not only meant forgiving others and saying goodbye to them but, it also meant saying goodbye and letting go of my own shit, forgiving myself, and letting go of the guilt that I had for my own mistakes.
That was tough. It was extremely tough. Although, one thing I can tell you for certain is this.
It was worth it.
P.S. One more thing you need to know. There is a big difference between letting go and forgetting. I will never forget the pain I caused in addiction or the evil shit I did.
But in order to be a better person, I had to let go of the pain and feelings I carried with me. The remorse, shame, and guilt.
Remember, mistakes are not failures but lessons learned.